by

Office 365 Fix: The Search Request was Unable to Connect to Search Service

After a few deployments and customizations, somehow my Office 365 environment got trashed and I started to see the following error when searching *anything* on it.

office-365-search-request-was-unable-to-connect-to-search-service

“the search request was unable to connect to the Search Service”

After several hours spent trying to fix that I think I found the issue. The most likely cause for this is because the Search Application proxy could not be found in the farm, or it is stopped. Since we are talking of an Office 365 application, it is very unlikely that a Search Service has stopped, which leaves us with the other option of inexistent Search App.

sharepoint-online-management-shell

To fix this, open your SharePoint Online Management Shell (which is the PowerShell for Office 365) and create the search app manually using the following code snippet:


$myO365SearchService = Get-SPEnterpriseSearchServiceApplication
New-SPEnterpriseSearchServiceApplicationProxy -SearchApplication $myO365SearchService





 



How Did my Search App Got Deleted?



This is beyond me Smile but I can tell you this (and to cut the ammo for the critics): Office 365 is an extremely reliable platform. It just does not break like that. The culprit was probably one of my own scripts or done via some collateral effect; anyhow, this fixed it for me and I hope it should fix it for you as well.




by

No comments:

Post a Comment